Thoughts... by the way

An aside. The one thing that makes sense of the play.

Sunday, February 5

Groundhog Day

Today was Groundhog Day.

If the groundhog gets struck by lightning then it's summer for the rest of eternity. Because lightning is hot like the sun and summer is the hot season. Naturally.

If he gets speared in the head by a falling icycle then it's winter for the rest of eternity. Becanse an icycle is frozen dripped water and it has to be really cold to freeze water that's dripping and winter is the cold season. Naturally.

As it is Puxatawny Phil has way too much power. It's ridiculous that he gets to decide how long each miserable winter will last. He couldn't find his shadow this morning, stupid groundhog. That makes me angry. Not really angry mind you but certainlly a little angry. Like if you really loved the blue icing you can get on cupcakes, I mean, you were almost obsessed with it. "Boy, I can't wait till my birthday 'cause Mom's gonna get me some cupcakes with my favorite blue icing!" Then you wake up on your birthday, your birthday, and you look up and the sky is green, and the water is green, and your eyes are green but they used to be blue, and the cupcakes come out and the icing is green and it tastes like sour apples.

Angry like that.

For six more weeks.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your stories are funny and you are too! your stories make me laugh they do! says Katie and David Karston says they make me laugh too.

and to me her mom -she says "Mom I have to tell you something. He is funny. And that's a lesson for you."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home