Thoughts... by the way

An aside. The one thing that makes sense of the play.

Sunday, February 5

Salesman

I'm sitting at Panera Bread.
Two people are sitting next to me.
One guy is trying to sell the other guy on something.
The selling guy just answered his phone and his voice became really high and really loud.
I just made eye contact with him on accident............
He just left, he came up to me after the incedental eye contact, asked how the internet worked, his inroad. Under the guise of networking, Atlanta is filled with people who utter sentences like, "You're a sharp looking fella, what do you do for a living? Ever thought about supplementing your income? What would you do with all that money?"
It makes me a little nauseous. This guy has a card that underneath his "company" name says - Marketing, Management, Distribution. Doesn't that cover virtually every corner of the business market. This guy's business rules the world and creates diversified incomes. Or, it probably doesn't. He asked me what I wanted to do when I got old, aiming for a retire early marry a 20 year old response. "I want to write." He didn't skip a beat, "You know, one of our biggest companies is Barnes and Noble, who knew you could make all that money selling books."
So
Sad