Thoughts... by the way

An aside. The one thing that makes sense of the play.

Monday, October 24

Turns out pumpkins are Methodist


I live across the street from a Methodist church. Right across the street. Grassy area in front of church, street, grassy area in front of my house. Right across the street. A few weeks ago, while I was away at work, the church was transformed. My holy neighbor had been overtaken by pumpkins. And children. Youths as it were, hawking them. "Who wants a pumpkin?", they would shout at cars, and me as I gathered my mail. It's a bit offsetting. They've been there for weeks, still there, this fall festival next door. Today, I was driving around Atlanta, making calls, and I saw something that made me take a picture. Then I started counting. It turns out pumpkins are Methodist. Six different Methodist churches that I passed by today (note: I wasn't looking for them) were surrounded by the thematic tasteless gourd of Halloween. I've stolen 17 from my unsuspecting neighbor already. If you want one let me know.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have aleted the Smyrna police to this blog site.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Adrian Blackney said...

aleted?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home