Thoughts... by the way

An aside. The one thing that makes sense of the play.

Friday, April 15

Apathy.

I just finished watching Hotel Rwanda. It makes you want to commit suicide, it really does. Not that. It makes you wish you weren't such a fortunate son living in the cotton candy bubble wrapped world of America. It is hard to imagine this mass genocide was happening while I was alive. There is no doubt it is happening now elsewhere.
And I sell cars in Kentucky.
That makes me physically sick. An almost tangible pain of apathy's revenge. Waking in a house on fire.
People are afraid right now and I am not but I wish that I were.

www.one.org

www.data.org

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched this movie last weekend, and I had a similar reaction. Sad to say, this IS still happening as we speak - actually for about the last twenty years - in Sudan. Check out The Voice of the Martyrs website at http://www.persecution.com ... the muslim north Sudanese are killing off the southern Sudanese, many of which are Christians. Elderly are being burned alive, children have been crucified,.. it's awful. Paul Rasabagina (the guy that the movie "Hotel Rwanda" is based on) was in Louisville last Sunday and he is going around letting people know that they must help with this same injustice in the Sudan. Just thought you might like to know so you can pray for them/ be moved to act on behalf of Christian brothers and sisters.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I never see Hotel Rwanda. We help support six children through a very reputible "support children" organization and we lost two of ours during the genocide. How can they do that? That's a rhetorical question. I know how they do it - we're not praying hard enough....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home