Thoughts... by the way

An aside. The one thing that makes sense of the play.

Thursday, March 3

Over the ear.

Yesterday I got a haircut. I learned that you have two choices in regards to your hair's relationship to the ear when getting it trimmed. Option one is to trim back the hair but leave it "on the ear". Janet tried this first. My head looked somewhat like a bell. When I pulled my freshly trimmed hair behind my ears it flipped out into the look of mulletdom I was trying to aleviate. Next we tried "over the ear". I say tried, we really didn't try, you can't try with a haircut, you simply- do. We did. Janet cut "over the ear". I am once again 12 years old. A 12 year old with smile lines and developing-crow's-feet. My hair was out of control and this is typically of no concern to me. However, I reasoned that until I write and sell a book (multiple copies hopefully) I should have a hairstyle that is a little more conducive to the selling of automobiles (minus the pomade). Call me a sellout. I should have at least waited a day. Tonight my brother and his "label-buddies" are coming into town for a show. Two days ago I had the dishevelled look of resistance. Today, I may as well be "the man".

3 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Your brother is in town? For what show?

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Adrian Blackney said...

Was going to be in town yesterday for the Sanctus Real show. But couldn't make it.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Dang!
Well, at least you have a new hair-do. (I'm not giggling right now, really)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home