Thoughts... by the way

An aside. The one thing that makes sense of the play.

Monday, February 14

The weight of a sentence.

I used to think I was a bit off for thinking about what a good sentence looks like, sounds like. No more. On my flight back to Louisville I had the good fortune of running into Dr. Nettles, a church history professor at the seminary. He teaches the hardest class I've ever taken in my life but that's beside the point. Upon landing, we walked and talked our way to baggage claim where, with some prodding, I expressed my discontent with popular Christian writing. Dr. Nettles is published many times over with a three volume set packed with over 900 pages of text due out any day. I learned from him in those ten minutes that it's okay to concentrate on sentences. It's actually pretty important. Don't expect to find a good one in this entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home